This was too long for the about page, so here it is.
I’ve written a few pieces of software and two of them have been somewhat successful, many many more have not.
I once wrote some software for myself to automagically create classroom seating charts based on student relationships.
Turned out a few other teachers also wanted to do this so I gave it a name (Termites) and sold a few licences. I lost interest after a few years and closed down the business but it was fun and profitable for a while.
It has long since outgrown it’s name though and is now used for numeracy tests, cloze tests, corporate staff competency, and general multiple choice tests.
- Teachers and researchers create tests and surveys,
- Students complete them,
- The software marks the test and identifies difficulties,
- Students get worksheets targeting their difficulties,
- Teachers get class reports,
- Researchers get to study relationships across large student cohorts correlated with survey responses, and
- Administrators get to quantify and track performance across their institution.
It’s currently used in 22 institutions by around 13,000 students.